Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Back In Ohio- Home of the Browns and Chain Resaurants


While driving up Wolf Ledges road on the way to ge transcripts from Akron U, I saw an Olds Cutlass similar to this with historical plates. This is the way to get away with avoiding emissions checks and plate renewals in Ohio. I wonder how the kid gets around the mileage restrictions. My grandmother had one of these in silver when I was a kid. Its silver paint eventually peeled off of the roof and hood in the way that only GMs can allow. It also had vent windows in all four of the doors. To save costs on the car it was delivered without roll down rear windows. This was a brilliant thing considering Grandma would smoke with the windows up even in the summer. That's all right though, her whistling and candies hanging off of the gear shift in a bag made everything A -OK!

I like Carhartt double kneed pants. They allow a few extra weeks without the need for long underwear and the hip pockets are handy. I do have few observations though. I can't understand why have a hammer loop at all if there is only one and it is on the left leg? I also have noted that I snag myself on protruding objects from time to time- gate latches, cabinet pulls for example. I find, considering all of the pockets and doo dads, that it is just the pant leg itself that perpetrates the offense. Never the hip pockets or the hammer loop. Strange.

No comments: