Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Falkland Islands- Bad Loans Have Made Them Mine!

The last time I was in the Dallas area I delivered myself into the company of someone that I cared for quite a bit for the last time. Her family received me with as much warmth as they ever had shown me. A young cousin asked me things of the future that I dodged. Grandfather and I discussed my ability to hold my own... pointless... That being said-

As we sat around the table before Thanksgiving dinner holding hands, we were asked to pass on to the others around us a few things that we were thankful for. After a few lives, loves, friends, and families, it worked out to be my turn. I thanked that table for cell phones, trying to explain that I was happy to get my holiday conversation with my mother taken care of all the way in Texas. As these words came from my mouth I became more and more mortified that I had thanked a higher being for cell phones in the presence of devout Catholics. I'll never forget that embarrassment. What came out of my mouth was not my intended thought...

Squirrel fishing.

No comments: